How to Select the Best Handyman Repair Service near North Pole Alaska
Finding a handyman near North Pole AK can be an affordable alternative to completing a number of home repair or maintenance projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With overwhelming family and work responsibilities, it can often be difficult to complete your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A North Pole handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their broad and extensive experience, they can eliminate costly mistakes you may make when installing a washing machine, replacing a faucet, or putting in kitchen tiling yourself. There is nothing more aggravating than having to hire someone to do the job correctly after you have done it very badly! Also, it can end up being more costly than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are considering doing some home improvements or repairing something either in the house or outdoors, consider the benefits of hiring a qualified handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair, particularly when it involves a more complex project. A qualified and experienced North Pole AK handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. Oh, and also save you money. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber,a carpenter or an electrician? Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in North Pole AK charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable North Pole AK plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with North Pole AK vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced North Pole AK professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified North Pole AK handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your North Pole AK handyman is extremely important, especially since he or she will be working in your home or place of business. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project professionally or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. You also want someone who will stand behind his work. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened North Pole AK handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed North Pole AK contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent North Pole AK customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the North Pole AK handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Best Home Repair In My Area North Pole AK
Finding the best handyman services in North Pole AK is no longer a problem. Just obtain free proposals now. There is no commitment to obtain free proposals from some of the best qualified contractors operating in your area. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Best Home Repair In My Area and wanting more information on the topic Cheap Home Repair Services Around Me. So why not act today? Take care of those put off projects and find a top professional at the right price now!
More Handy Alaska Locations
North Pole, Alaska
North Pole is a small city in the Fairbanks North Star Borough, Alaska, United States. It is part of the Fairbanks metropolitan statistical area. As of the 2010 United States Census, the city had a population of 2,117, up from 1,570 in 2000. Despite its name, the city is about 1,700 miles (2,700 km) south of Earth's geographic North Pole and 125 miles (200 km) south of the Arctic Circle.
The name "North Pole" is often applied to the entire area covered by its zip code, 99705. This area stretches between Fort Wainwright and Eielson Air Force Base, and between the Chena River and the Tanana River, including subdivisions off of Badger Road, a loop road connecting the eastern edge of Fairbanks city limits with North Pole city limits, and in the nearby census-designated place of Moose Creek. Despite the name, the city is about 1,700 miles (2,700 km) south of Earth's geographic North Pole and 125 miles (200 km) south of the Arctic Circle.
The city is a summertime attraction for tourists visiting nearby Fairbanks and, due to its location on the Richardson Highway, those traveling to and from the Alaska Highway and Valdez. North Pole was home to two oil refineries, the town's major industry aside from tourism, but closed because of sulfolane contamination in groundwater. The larger refinery, operated by Flint Hills Resources, was a major source of jet fuel for Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport. Tanker car traffic on the Alaska Railroad, entering and leaving the refinery, frequently bisects the city.