How to Choose the Right Handyman Helper near Eastaboga Alabama
Hiring a handyman near Eastaboga AL can be a cheaper alternative to doing a number of home repair or improvement tasks yourself that you have been putting off. With time consuming work and family responsibilities, it may be difficult to complete your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on the condition of your home. A Eastaboga handyman is typically less expensive than licensed contractors who work in one area exclusively, such as carpenters or painters. And with their broad and extensive experience, they can help you avoid making mistakes when installing a water heater, replacing a faucet, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more annoying than having to find someone to do the job correctly after you have made a mess of it! Also, it can end up being more costly than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are thinking of doing some home improvements or repairing something either in or outside of your home, consider the benefits of hiring a qualified handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair, particularly when it involves a more complex project. A qualified and experienced Eastaboga AL handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. Oh, and also save you money. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber,a carpenter or an electrician? Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Eastaboga AL charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Eastaboga AL plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Eastaboga AL vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Eastaboga AL professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Eastaboga AL handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Eastaboga AL handyman is extremely important, especially since he or she will be working in your home or place of business. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project professionally or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. You also want someone who will stand behind his work. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Eastaboga AL handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Eastaboga AL contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Eastaboga AL customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Eastaboga AL handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Handyman Services In My Area Eastaboga AL
Looking for experienced handyman contractors in Eastaboga AL is no longer a problem. Just obtain free proposals now. There is no obligation to obtain free estimates from some of the top licensed handymen operating in your area. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Handyman Services In My Area and wanting more information on the topic Affordable Handyman Around Me. So what are you waiting for? Take care of those put off projects and find a top professional at the right price today!
More Handy Alabama Locations
Eastaboga is an Unincorporated community on the border of Talladega and Calhoun counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. It was previously called McFall, named for a settling family in the 1850s, and incorporated in 1898, only to be disincorporated in 1901. The original community of Eastaboga was to the south and became known as Old Eastaboga after McFall's name was changed to Eastaboga.
Eastaboga is located in the northern part of Talladega County on the border with Calhoun County at 33° 36′ 21″ N, 86° 1′ 17″ W (33.605833 N, -86.021389 W). The city is located along U.S. Route 78 about 2 mi (3 km) north of Interstate 20, which runs west to east south of the community, with access from exit 173. Via I-20, Birmingham is 51 mi (82 km) west, and Atlanta is 100 mi (160 km) east. The largest city of over 20,000 people in the area is Anniston, which is east 13 mi (21 km) via I-20 or US 78.
The present unincorporated community of Eastaboga was listed as the incorporated town of McFall on the 1900 census and had 820 residents. Of that, a majority, 482, lived on the Talladega County side, and 338 lived on the Calhoun County side. It was disincorporated after just 3 years in 1901 and the post office closed under that name in 1906. At some point on, it was renamed Eastaboga (while the nearby community to the south of the same name became "Old Eastaboga").