How to Find the Best Handyman Company near Toney Alabama
Hiring a handyman near Toney AL can be an affordable alternative to completing various home repair or improvement projects yourself that you have been avoiding. With overwhelming work and family responsibilities, it may be impossible to work on your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on home maintenance. A Toney handyman is usually less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as plumbers or electricians. And with their broad and extensive experience, they can eliminate costly mistakes you may make when installing a water heater, replacing a faucet, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more aggravating than having to find someone to re-do the job after you have made a mess of it! Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are thinking of doing some home improvements or repairing something either in the house or outdoors, consider the advantages of hiring a professional handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair, particularly when it involves a more complex project. A qualified and experienced Toney AL handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. Oh, and also save you money. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber,a carpenter or an electrician? Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Toney AL charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Toney AL plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Toney AL vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Toney AL professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Toney AL handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Toney AL handyman is extremely important, especially since he or she will be working in your home or place of business. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project professionally or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. You also want someone who will stand behind his work. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Toney AL handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Toney AL contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Toney AL customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Toney AL handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Affordable Local Handyman Prices Toney AL
Finding the best handyman services in Toney AL is easy. Just get your free estimates now. There is no commitment to obtain free proposals from some of the best licensed contractors operating in your area. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Affordable Local Handyman Prices and wanting more information on the topic Best Local Handyman Near Me. So why delay any longer? Take care of those put off projects and hire a top professional at the right price now!
More Handy Alabama Locations
Albert Toney III
In 1987, Toney joined the Worcester Massachusetts Police Department, and in 1991, was wounded in a shooting incident that killed his then life partner, Robert Domiano Jr, and another friend, John Ellison, who later died from the result of his injuries. The shooter was eventually sentenced to life imprisonment for his actions after a nationwide search took place and the perpetrator found. Toney became the first openly gay police officer on the Worcester Police Department and publicly declared that he would focus his efforts on gay civil rights.
He retired from the police force in 1995 as a result of his injuries from the shooting, but continued to educate others on homosexuality and the stigmas attached to being open about it to the public.
In 2001, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court overturned the 1992 first-degree murder conviction of the person who wounded Toney in 1991, and ordered a new trial based on how the original presiding judge instructed the jury on the elements of first-degree murder. On March 31, 2003, the shooter was re-convicted of first-degree murder in the Worcester Superior Court and was again sentenced to life imprisonment.