How to Find a Local Home Repair Contractor near Dothan Alabama
Hiring a handyman near Dothan AL can be an affordable option to completing various home repair or maintenance projects yourself that you have been putting off. With multiple work and family responsibilities, it may be difficult to complete your list of home repairs, which can have a negative impact on the condition of your home. A Dothan handyman is typically less expensive than licensed contractors who specialize in one area exclusively, such as carpenters or painters. And with their broad and extensive experience, they can eliminate costly mistakes you may make when installing a washing machine, replacing a garbage disposal, or putting in a new tile floor yourself. There is nothing more annoying than having to find someone to do the job correctly after you have done it very badly! Also, it can end up being more expensive than if you had hired a professional to begin with. So, if you are planning on doing some home renovations or repairing something either in or outside of your home, consider the advantages of hiring a qualified handyman instead.
Why Hire a Handyman Instead?
Sometimes it is best to leave it to the experts when considering home maintenance or repair, particularly when it involves a more complex project. A qualified and experienced Dothan AL handyman can not only get the job done fast but do it right the first time, saving you frustration and time for other obligations. Oh, and also save you money. But what are the benefits of hiring a handyman compared to other options, such as hiring a plumber,a carpenter or an electrician? Let’s take a look at some of the main reasons that it makes sense to utilize handyman services for your next home project.
- Charge by the hour. Most handymen in Dothan AL charge by the hour and not by the job. This means that you only pay for the time spent doing actual work and not pre-set service charges plus additional costs that could far exceed what a handyman charges. They also tend to have lower overhead and no employees, so they can charge less than a typical plumber or electrician.
- Can handle several projects. Perhaps you have a faucet that needs replacing, an outlet that needs to be changed out, and a bedroom that needs to be painted. Instead of trying to find and coordinate with a reliable Dothan AL plumber, electrician and painter, an experienced handyman can handle all of those projects.
- Save money on materials. When you hire a contractor, generally they supply the materials at a mark-up. When working with a handyman, you supply the materials, saving you money. And often an experienced handyman has connections that they have established with Dothan AL vendors offering them discounts that they can pass on to their customers.
- The Go-To person for all home repair projects. The great thing about having the phone number for an experienced Dothan AL professional handyman is that you don’t have to think about who to call when the toilet leaks or the ceiling fan stops working. You just call your guy (or gal) and they come over and take care of the problem. And if the job is a little more involved than they can handle, they can usually recommend a “specialist” to take care of your more advanced plumbing, electrical or HVAC needs.
Is Hiring a Handyman the Right Choice For You?
We all have home repair or replacement projects that we keep putting off that a qualified Dothan AL handyman could take care of quickly and at a cost that is very reasonable and affordable. So you no doubt agree that its more cost effective to have the project done once and right the first time by hiring a seasoned pro. Many handymen are skilled in several areas such as:
- Door repair and installation
- Drywall repair and installation
- Painting and Plastering
- Window repair or replacement
- Minor plumbing or electrical services
- Carpentry or Roof repair
- Flooring installation and repair
- Any general home repair, replacement or improvement
Steps to Hiring a Handyman
Being comfortable with and having confidence in your Dothan AL handyman is extremely important, especially since he or she will be working in your home or place of business. The last thing that you want to do is hire someone who does not have the skills required to complete the project professionally or that will charge you more than the agreed upon price. You also want someone who will stand behind his work. So be sure to do your due diligence and follow these hiring guidelines when selecting and hiring your handyman.
- Interview several prospects. As the song goes, you better shop around. Be sure to speak with 3 or 4 candidates before making a selection. Referral services, such as the one recommended on this website, can do the groundwork for you by providing pre-screened Dothan AL handymen. Be sure to ask about their experience, areas of expertise and rates.
- Clearly define the project. Make sure your prospective handyman understands the scope and all details of the project. It is important to make sure that it is within the range of his or her expertise and experience and not more appropriate for a licensed Dothan AL contractor.
- Ask for references. Get references from recent Dothan AL customers who have used the handyman’s services, for similar projects if available. Ask if they were completely satisfied with the work performed as well as the cost of services. Also ask if they would hire the handyman again for future projects.
- Get Agreement and Guarantee in writing. Make sure the terms are spelled out in writing, to include all fees involved and any guarantees for workmanship. Since you are paying by the hour it is not as critical to get the exact project cost up front, especially for small jobs. But there needs to be a formal understanding regarding hourly rate and if the Dothan AL handyman stands behind his work. And for longer projects, a start and completion date, along with estimated billed hours should be spelled out in writing before work begins.
Handyman Services Near Me Dothan AL
Looking for the best handyman contractors in Dothan AL is easy. Just get your free estimates now. There is no obligation to obtain free quotes from some of the top qualified handymen operating in your location. Your originally came to our website due to an interest in Handyman Services Near Me and wanting more information on the topic Affordable Handyman Estimates. So why not act today? Take care of those put off projects and find a top professional at the right price today!
More Handy Alabama Locations
Dothan /ˈdoʊθən/ is a city in Dale, Henry, and Houston counties in the U.S. state of Alabama. It is the county seat of Houston County and the seventh largest city in Alabama, with a population of 65,496 at the 2010 census. It is near the state's southeastern corner, approximately 20 miles (32 km) west of the Georgia state line and 16 miles (26 km) north of Florida. It is named after the biblical city, the place where Joseph's brothers threw him into a cistern and sold him into slavery in Egypt.
Dothan is the principal city of the Dothan, Alabama metropolitan area, which encompasses all of Geneva, Henry, and Houston counties; the small portion in Dale County is part of the Ozark Micropolitan Statistical Area. The combined population of the entire Dothan metropolitan area in 2010 was 145,639. The city serves as the main transportation and commercial hub for a significant part of southeastern Alabama, southwest Georgia, and nearby portions of the Florida Panhandle. Since approximately one-fourth of the U.S. peanut crop is produced nearby, much of it processed in the city, Dothan is known as "The Peanut Capital of the World". It also hosts the annual National Peanut Festival at the dedicated "Peanut Festival Fairgrounds".
The area that is now Dothan was inhabited for thousands of years by successive cultures of indigenous peoples. In historic times it was occupied by the Alabama and Creek Native American tribes who were hunters and gatherers in the vast forests of pine that covered this region. These tribes had developed complex cultures, and often used to meet and camp for trading near a large spring at the crossroads of two trails.